What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
William Henry Davies

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Project - Drilling

I had bought 6 of the stackable containers. With all the research I did on the internet, good ventilation was a requirement, not to mention having enough holes for the worms to pass through from one container to the next. So... I drilled, and drilled and drilled... 9x6 holes per container plus 2 superlarge holes at the ends... plus one hole for a tap... that adds up to 225 holes at one go. Wow. Lucky I did not calculate this at the start, cause its actually more daunting when I am writing this than when I only had The Project in my head.

Anyways, this is what is looks like:

The 2 round net-like things at the end is an improvisation. I could not find the white round, plastic ventilation discs that are frequently found at the back of shoe cabinets, so I got sink drainers instead, and siliconed then onto the container.

This is a closer look at it:


And here it everything nicely stacked up:

No comments: