What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
William Henry Davies

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Project - Denuded Backyard

Hahaha, I just happened to look at the patch of soil in my backyard where I had "harvested" my worms for my wormy condo. I didn't realize what a good job I did on removing the earthworms in that patch, cause after the evening/night rain, I can see a good number of mini-humus piles besides worm holes in the soil throughout my backyard, but the patch of soil which I had denuded of earthworms have a smooth, unpock-marked surface. Lesson to learn: One should not be too efficient in removing earthworms out of a single patch of soil. Harvesting should occur more haphazardly over a larger piece of land. Now, I just have to wait for the earthworms to realize that there is unclaimed territory and that they should invade it and make it their own.

No comments: